Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Little Catch-Up and A Holy Spirit Moment

Whoa. Where'd today go? I guess I've had my head buried in training documentation. When I write training docs, I get so caught up. When I was younger, writing fiction did the same thing for me. It swept me away. And now I get swept up in training documentation. Ha! Boy how times have changed.

I got an email from the adoption coordinator at the Colorado Aussie Rescue yesterday. She said that Hero is doing fantastic, and only has one more round of shots to go, so he can come home with us on Friday. Jeremy ran out to the store today and picked up some potty pads, rope toys and puppy food. Gosh, it's been 8 years since we last had a puppy. I can't even remember housebreaking Tyr. Jeremy must have been in charge of that. This time, since I'm working at home I'm taking a more active role. Hero is already 3 months old, though, and he's paper trained -- so I don't think housebreaking will be a big leap for him.

I feel I should make a confession in this blog today. After much hemming and hawing, I finally started watching Downton Abbey on Netflix. And I love it. However, it's not Jeremy's cup of tea, so it's going to take me like a year to watch the first season. Typically if I'm watching TV, Jeremy is watching it with me.

After missing my Thirty-One meeting last week due to the snowstorm and being SUPER BUMMED that I missed out on the amenity, I got an email last week from the meeting coordinator telling me she got approval to give out the product to those who let her know they couldn't make it in the snowstorm. Since I have common courtesy in spades, I had emailed her about an hour before the meeting, telling her I couldn't get there in the storm. Fact is, I'm a chicken in the snow. But that common courtesy earned me a gorgeous Easy Breezy Tote in Island Damask. I picked it up on Friday and it's making me ache for the beach. So YAY for Thirty-One for making the situation right. This company has yet to let me down.

I started a new Bible reading plan last week, too. I'm re-reading the New Testament. The second time through feels very different. I'm more knowledgeable about the Bible, now, and about biblical history, so I'm picking up on different things in the text. And I'm making sure I read in my ESV Study Bible every night, rather than on my iPad, so I can dig into the material a little deeper.

So you all know that I pray every night before bed. When I turn the light out, I lie down in bed and look out the window. We live on a hill, so the view is a glistening sea of lights -- streetlights and stars. For some reason, looking at that makes me feel really connected to God. So that's how I pray every night. I look out the window and I talk to Him. And sometimes I listen, too. LOL. I know I should listen more than I should talk. But half the time when I finish my prayer and listen for an answer, I fall asleep.

Last night I didn't fall asleep after I prayed. I actually listened intently -- and I got a very clear message. Why the heck are you asking ME for miracles? I gave you the Comforter (Holy Spirit) for a reason. Talk to Him.

This woke me up. I got this sudden clarity that this distance I feel between myself and God sometimes is an illusion -- because God is always with me as the Holy Spirit. Gabrielle Bernstein calls it "ING," or Inner Guidance. And though her view isn't 100% the same as mine about the form of this energy, we agree on the function. It's there to guide you, and to usher miracles into your life and the lives of those around you.

This year is going to be a year of miracles. As A Course in Miracles states, "Miracles are natural. When they do not occur something has gone wrong." Last year was a year of healing -- but this year, this year I demand miracles.

So me and the Holy Spirit are going to have words. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment