Thursday, February 14, 2013

Budding Artist

My brother gave me permission to share this, and my heart is just bursting with love about it, so I thought Valentine's Day would be the perfect time to share it.

My brother, Drew, is an amazing artist. Those of you who attended the art show in Scarlett's memory last year will remember how gorgeous his work is. He's got this incredibly steady hand, and can do perfect geometric figures freehand. Amazing. I couldn't draw a straight line if you paid me a million dollars.

Recently he took his artistic skills and used them for the enjoyment of his 3-year-old son, Nicholas. He did a black-and-white drawing in pen, and then helped Nicky "color" it. As you can see, Nicky uses his hands AND feet to paint. Drew tells me that he will actually use his whole body to get paint on the canvas -- and that he'll use his body as a canvas, too!



I personally think Nicky is a budding artist, like his dad.

I dare you to tell me that this isn't the most awesome thing you have seen all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment