Monday, February 04, 2013

Devil's Throwing a Fit

I'm staring at this screen with a swirling mind and not quite sure what to type. Lots happening, and none of it particularly exciting to share.

We went to my parents' house for the Superbowl yesterday. My parents always go all-out with the food on that day. Jeremy and I are still recovering from our food coma.

I didn't sleep well last night, so I slept a little later this morning than I like to. Which means I didn't have any spare time before I had to log into work -- which means I didn't do my normal spiritual practices before my work day started, and that is a recipe for a bad day. As soon as I booted up my PCs, I realized my spazzy modem had finally kicked the bucket. My connection was intermittent until Jeremy was able to get over to Best Buy and get me a new modem. Of course, the world was exploding in the meantime. One frantic email after another was coming in on both my work and personal accounts. And one of those emails said that someone in one of my coworker's lives died.

Seriously. Another death. Another day of scrambling to cover a friend/coworker's work to make sure at least their job stayed safe in the midst of their tragedy. It seems insignificant, but I can tell you from experience how important it is to have people to cover your work when you go through something like that. When I took time off to deal with my daughter's funeral, I knew my colleagues had my work covered and my job was safe, and it took some of the stress off of me. I'll never forget that.

I'm going to try to go to the healing service at my parents' church tomorrow night. Every other Tuesday they have trained prayer teams there to pray for you privately. Maybe it will help get some positive energy flowing in my direction.

Joyce Meyer says that when you let God into your life, the devil has a hissy fit and tries harder to unravel you. I keep thinking about that. If I really am under attack from negative forces, they obviously don't know who they're dealing with. I've already decided I'm going to persevere. My mind is made up. There is nothing that can make me give up.

And you know what? I know the longer it takes for good news to start coming my way, the bigger the good news will be. So bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment