Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Healing Service

My parents' church, The Rock, has a healing service two Tuesdays a month. When my dad told me about it, I knew I had to give it a try.

So yesterday at lunch I drove down to my parents' house in Castle Pines and worked from there for the afternoon. We went to The Rockyard for dinner, and then headed off to church.

The Rock is fantastically organized and efficient. Their staff is really top-notch. When we walked into the large building, it was obvious where to go. I put my name on the list for the healing service and the greeter handed me a sticker to put on my back and a questionnaire to fill out. After I turned the paperwork back in, my parents and I went into the sanctuary and waited for the prayer team to come get me.

In the sanctuary, the lights were low. There were two guitarists and a flute player on stage, playing soothing music. Women stood on either side of the stage and gently waved big, iridescent flags, adding to the soothing feeling of the place. We sat in there and just soaked in the energy for about 45 minutes, and then one of the prayer team members came and tapped me on the shoulder.

I was taken back to a private room, where a man and a woman waited to pray for me. They said they had read over my paperwork and prayed over my issues before they got me from the sanctuary.

One of the first things the woman said to me was, "I got a message from the Holy Spirit, and I'd like to share it with you. I was told about pain behind one of your eyes. Does that make any sense to you?" I smiled and nodded my head. I told her about my frequent migraines.

For the next half hour, we stood together and they prayed over me. Without prompting, they prayed over very specific issues I am having in relation to infertility and grieving. They had incredibly sharp intuition about what I needed.

I did cry a bit while I was in there, talking about what Jeremy and I have been through. But it wasn't the breakdown crying that I have experienced in the past in prayer situations -- the tears felt... well, healing.

I came away feeling like God heard us. Like energy was shifting in my direction. It was wonderful.

I went and got my parents from the sanctuary. They had been sitting there for so long, waiting for me. I knew they were probably anxious to get home. But in all honesty, I could have sat in that place, listened to that soothing music and soaked in the healing energy until they kicked me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment