Friday, February 08, 2013

Life Coach Movement

There's this whole movement happening right now that's very exciting to me. Gabrielle Bernstein says, "The women who used to want to be Carrie Bradshaw now want to be Wayne Dyer." It's a boom in authentic, spirit-driven living. And it's also a boom in the personal coaching/training industry.

I've always been drawn to coaching and training people. I've got a knack for it, or so I've been told. I have considered getting certified in some kind of coaching field -- but to be honest, I could never decide on a niche. I love too many different things. I love talking to people about creativity, God, career paths, relationships, and life purpose/passions. Plus, no matter how you slice me, I'm a writer through-and-through. I prefer being behind a computer screen than in face-to-face meetings all day. Though I suppose teaching a whole room full of people doesn't seem so bad.

So I'm just loving the charismatic new gurus that are popping up these days. People like Gabrielle Bernstein, Marie Forleo, and Kris Carr are the next generation of voices in the ilk of Wayne Dyer, Tony Robbins, and Martha Beck -- but they've got a business and social media savvy that is perfect for our technological age. It's really exciting to listen to them, and they make me want to get out and DO something with my life.

So once again I'm back to wanting to write a book. And once again I'm having trouble narrowing down my topic. I posted a survey on Facebook today to help clarify what my readers are actually interested in, and I'll post it again here for those of you coming directly to my blog: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/62CC6ZY. I would love it if you participated. It's only 3 tiny little questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment